Good with words

Fear... distractions.... the efforts of a self-employed writer to pay the mortgage.... all that jazz.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mash and bread

Our telephone provider won't let me in to view our account, and all because I don't know my favourite food. I don't remember the password, you see, so it asked my security question.

Of course I typed in:

'mash'

(as would anyone who knows me, if they were trying to hack in to the account.)

But computer said no.

I tried toast, and I tried chocolate. (In that order.) But my favourite food, hands-down, is mash. There isn't even a close contender.

Still, computer says no. I am now trying to puzzle out what it thinks is my favourite food. It could have been whatever I was eating at the time of setting up an account, but the only things I ever seem to eat at the computer are toast and chocolate. Well, and nuts sometimes.

Now - prove to me that someone reads my blog, and post a comment. Tell me your favourite food. I am curious as to whether mash is an odd choice.

But surely not. Just think of it - creamy white potato, whipped into a fluffy mass and swirled with butter (okay, healthy margarine if it's a weekday), salt and pepper. Maybe a trickle of bean juice. Fresh bread and butter on the side. Ooh la la, it gives me a hot flush.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Jon said…

    Eggs are my favourite food. The cadbury's cream variety. I put it all in my mouth at once and it's gone within fifteen seconds. Mmmmmm.

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Cadbury's cream eggs! Oh, they're definitely in my top ten. I bite off the top then scoop out the sugary goo like it were a real egg. Fifteen seconds seems like a long time.

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger jodes da princess said…

    mash is also my favourite! I love it, covered in onion gravy with two big fat organic sausages. mmmmmm.

    I also love fish and chips, emmental cheese, stilton cheese, oh why am I on a diet?

     
  • At 4:55 AM, Blogger Clare said…

    mash, sausages and peas (with gravy) has to be my favourite meal ever.

    Found your blog through a complicated process of either clicking from Liz's, or Chris's, or Liz's via Chris's. Not sure. But I'm enjoying it and it's distracting me from work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home