Good with words

Fear... distractions.... the efforts of a self-employed writer to pay the mortgage.... all that jazz.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Post

I have upset the postwoman, I think, by refusing to get out of bed one too many times. I always get those red cards saying my parcel is in the PO, but that's better than getting up at 7am (which is when she likes to arrive, when there is no important mail). I have only noticed this week because I am waiting for three cheques and two parcels.

But since Monday I have only had ONE letter, which is not right. Somewhere the postlady is crouched over a shredder, giggling.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:25 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    But 7a.m.? Come on, how indecent a time is that? if she wants to ring my doorbell she may do it at a decent hour, like lunchtime.

    I haven't seen 7 a.m. for many a month.... can't say I miss it, either.....

    I am beginning to think my theory really is true now. It is THURSDAY and no parcels... in fact just ONE letter altogether... and the postlady knocked yesterday to remind me of a letter at the PO, so probably she is just storing all my mail there to get me out of bed. I want my Nina Simone CD...

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    Did you get the card from me? About turning into your mother?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home