Good with words

Fear... distractions.... the efforts of a self-employed writer to pay the mortgage.... all that jazz.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Self-help

Enough is enough. I am going to muck about no longer. Or at least, only muck about in specified time slots.

I have decided my productivity is shameful and I should be working (and earning) a heck of a lot more, specially considering I sit at the computer for 7 hours every day. So I have ordered 'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' and 'Getting Things Done' and am to be procrastinator no more.

This weekend I am going to clear out my study, pin up some new time charts, and organise ALL my files. (Apparently the book has a spider-diagram showing how to do this.)

You can look forward to excerpts and mantras next week.

More as it comes...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    So ... cleared out your study yet?

    Or are you still waiting for the book to arrive?

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Believe it when I see it... ;-)
    Full portfolio of evidence required btw.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jon said…

    So spill the beans!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home