Good with words

Fear... distractions.... the efforts of a self-employed writer to pay the mortgage.... all that jazz.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ambition of the Day...

.... is to write books for teenagers. I think I am ideally suited: melodramatic, weird, and still in possession of a vivid memory about all my crushes.

I have just written my very first book review for Children's Books UK - in fact I would, also, quite like to become an acclaimed reviewer and have lots of lovely free books in the post every day. Seems to be ideal job (apart from chocolate-taster). And... chef's assistant. Hm. So many ambitions, how is a girl to fulfil them all?

Book Review - Style Sisters: Friends First by LIz Elwes

Okay, my real job is pretty cool too. Something new from me:
Greener Living Starts Here: Five Top Tips
(thanks, Jon and Jodie!!)

4 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger jodes da princess said…

    Am very proud to have my ideas in natural collection.

    I now have two things to put on my cv this week.

    My friend has put a colouring of noahs ark that I did at church on her daughters wall(very neat, didnt go over the lines).

    So I am technically a published writer and a displayed artist!

    On the subject of ideal jobs. My friend is the web editor of brides magazine. she basically gets free stuff, anything from pout's latest collection to ben and jerrys new range on her desk to review EVERY DAY! SOOO jealous!

     
  • At 2:37 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    aWWWWWWW! How do you suppose you go about getting a job like that? Maybe we should set up an ice-cream magazine and wait for the free flavours to pour in??

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger jodes da princess said…

    that would be awesome. but can it be an ice-cream, make up and fair trade clothes magazine?

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are VERY welcome to the team Anna - a good job well done! But believe me, receiving books to review is not unlike chocolate tasting...after one too many, you can feel a bit sick!

    Then another box arrives and it's like Christmas again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home