Good with words

Fear... distractions.... the efforts of a self-employed writer to pay the mortgage.... all that jazz.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Public Enemy no2

Now Holly has an evil nemesis, too. (Like Charlie's Demon Tabby.) He is an Alsatian called Alfie. He is 2 years old but he brings a whole new meaning to the terrible twos.

He threw her into the bushes yesterday - all I could hear was yelping and then Holly leapt out and dashed back to me, ready to climb into my arms and never brave the world again.

Today we spotted him early, and turned and ran. But I am not sure this is a good long-term strategy. We need a plan to either force him off our walking territory, or just punch him in in the nose. I am thinking to go with a good punch.

I sometimes wonder if my two girls are this wimpy because of me. If my children were being bullied, would I tell them to run screaming whenever they caught sight of the bully?

Probably, yes.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    Poor Holly! What is Alfie's owner doing during this? Was Alfie just playing? He probably was cos he could ahve done real damage if he'd wanted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home